You must quarantine if you are not sick but are a close contact to someone diagnosed with COVID-19 or if you’ve been traveling outside Massachusetts. You may be contacted by a local health official or the Commonwealth’s Community Tracing Collaborative regarding any contact with those who have COVID-19.
Please take these steps to help stop the spread of COVID-19 while you quarantine:
- Stay at home and use a separate bedroom and bathroom if possible.
- Do your best to stay at least 6 feet away from other people in the house.
- Do not leave your house to go to school, work or run errands.
- Do not have any visitors to your house during this time.
- Wash your hands frequently with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Do not share eating or drinking utensils with anybody.
- Monitor your health every day.
- If you get sick with fever, cough, shortness of breath, or other signs of respiratory illness, call your healthcare provider and schedule a COVID-19 test. Be sure to tell them you have been exposed to COVID-19.
- If you need to seek routine medical care call ahead to your doctor and tell them you are under COVID-19 quarantine.
- Do not take public transportation, taxis, or ride-shares to get to your appointment.