YMCA Cape Cod is now approved to offer Exempt Emergency Child Care Programs and will begin to offer child care for essential health care workers starting Monday, March 23rd.
• Available ONLY for parents/guardians who are CCHC or FQHC essential workers.
• Children of parents who are NOT CCHC or FQHC essential workers CANNOT be served.
• There is no cost to families for this service.
• Programs will operate 7 days a week starting Monday, March 23rd, until further notice.
• Child care hours are DROP IN from 6 am to 11 pm at the following YMCA Cape Cod child care locations:
1. Falmouth Hospital Campus, 67B Ter Heun Drive, Falmouth
2. North Falmouth Congregational Church, 155 Old Main Road, North Falmouth
3. Lyndon P. Lorusso YMCA, 2245 Iyannough Road, West Barnstable
4. Harwich Elementary School, 263 South Street, Harwich
• Each location will accept a maximum of 40 children at any given point in time. If we reach capacity and a child is picked up, we will take the next child in line. Siblings will remain together as much as possible.
• Children can be as young as 13 weeks and as old as 12 years
• FREE breakfast, lunch, dinner and 3 snacks per day will be served.
• There is no need to pre-register; however all parents must complete information forms: https://ymcacapecod.org/…/YMCA-Cape-Cod-EEC-Emergency-Child….
• To reduce wait time at drop-off, parents are asked to fill out the forms in advance of dropping off their children.
• Parents MUST stay in their car at drop-off.
• All children and staff will be temperature checked at the time of drop off by a Cape Cod Healthcare professional. Be prepared for wait time. Temperature checks will begin one hour prior to 1st and 2nd shift at the hospital. For example: 1st shift work is 7am to 3pm and temperature checks begin at 6am. 2nd shift work is 3pm to 11pm and temperature checks begin at 2pm.
• Child care staff have been specially trained in health protective measures per Center for Disease Control (CDC) protocols.
• CDC cleaning protocols and more will be followed prior to opening, after closing, and during the day.
We have tried to answer as many anticipated questions as we can on our website. Due to staffing shortage, we deeply regret that we are not able to accommodate phone calls or emails.